We invest time and money in SEO research and this is why we now offer a variety of link building techniques for our clients (articles, press releases, social bookmarking and blog links), made in an original way, which will guarantee your top rankings placement.A few online articles have captured our attention thanks to a client. The information provided by these blogs tends to put a bad spin on specific SEO activities. Because our link building services can be mistaken as negative, we decided to provide you with our explanations here: Greg Habermann wrote this article in 2012. It is an old article which is not very clear on quite a few aspects and has already been proven wrong by our SEO practices over the last 3 years:
- It indicates old SEO methods which we do not recommend or offer: link exchange programs, posting your links on pages with hundreds of other links (link farms) – these are outdated techniques.
- It states that writing guest posts is a positive method to obtain links. Writing guest posts implies content contributions to the web, but a link in a guest post will probably be published along other numerous links from other guest posts – sounds a bit like link farming no? Links from blog posts, guest posts comments on forum threads where hundreds of other links are outbound will result in Google penalties.
- Naturally Google wants its searches to be relevant and what makes them relevant are the Google algorithms for website evaluation. The way Google evaluates websites is based on website popularity and on their link profile. It can therefore be manipulated through link building. Manipulating how Google sees a website and how it interprets popularity based on the number of backlinks one gets is not something that Google wants. It would want websites to have only naturally obtained links and the results of its searches to be relevant and truthful. So it naturally wants to stop link building which does not contribute to the correct measure of relevancy. The engineers at Google have done so by imposing some main rules, but they cannot prohibit article postings, press releases and news. They cannot sand box websites based on this because it is not moral. Any third party has the right to publish positive or negative content about your website (free speech, the right to have an opinion). If that content is positive or negative has no impact on Google results. However, those publications indicate a preoccupation/interest of the public for you. It is therefore relevant in terms of popularity. It cannot get you sand boxed because it would be immoral. So they cannot stop this kind of link building.
- publish greedily in mass campaigns
- use software to write content
- spin content (which we do not and thus respect point 5 of the article above).
- We write and publish entirely by hand. It takes 3 hours to write a proper article, well documented and entirely original. The price of such an article is included in our package, but do take a moment to weigh how much the package costs and what a bargain you are getting for the content! We are European and our prices need to be competitive with that of other countries in the world whose prices are next to nothing…and quality wise, I would say we have very good standards.
- It is not easy link building because we try to use GOOD WEBSITES, not just ANY article directory as the article states. We check our lists on a bi-monthly basis to eliminate websites which break the rules and publish articles in a spammy way. We renew and update our list, avoiding those article directories with the same C class IPs, those which publish with hundreds of links per page and those advertising in an abusive way with our content. There is only a limited number of GOOD WEBSITES to link to and we try to filter them from the multitude that is out there. Additionally, we do not publish 3 links per page, as the article suggests. We publish 2 and could publish 1 upon request (considering a slight price change).
- We do not do “mass article directory spam”. We publish one article on a maximum number of 30 websites and this is entirely unique content, each single time.
- We make recommendations to all clients to:
- pursue on-site SEO (point 10 in the article),
- use only quality, unique content on their website and off-site (point 4 of the article),
- choose a long term approach to SEO with an organised strategy (point 7 of the article)
- consider social media (Twitter, Facebook & You tube videos) aside from the link builing (point 6 of the article)
- Furthermore, we do not focus only on Google. Our work impacts the results in Yahoo and Bing as well and our ranking reports include the rankings for these too (point 9 of the article). It is actually a lot easier to impact Yahoo and Bing than Google.
Correct, White Hat SEO takes time and it is surely not easy. It is difficult to provide quality work when there is a lot of competition with cheap prices. From experience, cheap work makes compromises. Remember this old saying: “Not everything that flies makes honey.” Nevertheless, we try to do our best and offer quality and affordability at the same time. We use our 10 years of experience in the field to give our best and warmly recommend using our services.
GAMIT & Google’s Panda AlgorithmGoogle’s Panda Algorithm is a common sense update. We have been waiting for this update for some time now (3 years to be honest) and we are glad it has finally happened. When building article links, we always considered the idea behind the algorithm! We never publish the same article on more than 50 sites. All our articles are original articles and all our submissions are handmade.
Until now Google has penalized only in a gentle manner the sites which had the same article published on hundreds of sites, the websites which used spin software to spin the content or the ones which used automated submissions. Google didn’t even penalize all of them until now, but things have changed. We knew the time will come when Google will increase its protection and harshen the punishment of websites which publish the same article on hundreds of sites or spin articles using automated software. Because of this we never did it and this is why, after the Panda Update, our customers and also our own site! keeps the good rankings.
Basic SEO explanation for beginners:
As you already know, when people look for information on a certain topic in a search engine (Google, Yahoo, AltaVista, MSN…), they type in the search field a certain word (keyword) that expresses what they are interested in. The search engines display a number of sites that contain the useful data, by identifying the keyword on those specific pages. However, the displayed sites appear in a certain order, an order decided through popularity and optimization on certain keywords.Therefore, the search engines are built to index sites on the keywords on which they are optimized. Because of this, and because of the fact that the number of links pointing to a site indicates to the search engine the popularity of a website, we have adopted a method of site promotion that implies links made with the help of optimized articles, press releases, social bookmarking sites and blog links. Our method is based on building one way theme links for our clients’ sites.
The theme links are made with the help of articles optimized on several keywords (given by the client). The keywords are necessary and they are chosen by the client and given to us even before the start of the project. The articles are then manually submitted to publishing sites and, after approval, they are soon indexed by Google. Google finds these articles easily, with the help of spiders which search certain keywords and then the associated links. In time, the links prove their value by raising your site or contributing to the speed of the rise in the search engines.
We manually publish the articles, press releases, social bookmarking reviews and blog posts on a fixed number of sites to avoid any king of penalization.
What are the keywords for?The keywords have to be relevant for the site of the client. They are chosen by the client from the site’s area of expertise with the following purpose: the site has to rise in position in the search engine’s display of sites, on those keywords. We can also send keyword suggestion reports that help the client to choose the best keywords for the link building campaigns. (For example: if the site is about flowers, then the keywords can be generic such as “flowers”, “beautiful flowers”, “exotic flowers”, “cheap flowers”, “expensive flowers”, or specific such as the names of flowers).
The keywords are repeated in the articles (press releases, social bookmarking reviews and blog posts) for a specific number of times. They represent a certain percentage from the number of words the articles contain and they are placed in such a way that the search engines don’t find anything suspicious about it.
Why are the articles, press releases, social bookmarking reviews and blog posts important?They are important because: each one occupies an entire page on a publishing site. Each page is optimized in a relevant way for the client. At the bottom of each article (in the resource box) there will be 2 links pointing to your site posted on the 2 keywords on which the article is optimized. These links are the most valuable of all as they fulfill the purpose of the link building campaign increasing the site’s popularity.
Do the articles have to be special?The articles don’t have to be special in any way. The writers are not specialized din each domain they write about, but their level of English is high. They first research and document themselves about the topic they are supposed to write about and then they write the information they possess in an original manner. So, the articles are originally written and well optimized – the only two aspects that are relevant for the link building campaign.
Will you be able to review the articles, press releases, social bookmarking reviews and blog posts before starting the publishing process?The articles are given to you (the client) before submitting them to the publishing sites. This way, you can inspect what we’ve written in order to avoid publishing wrong information that might bother you. From the SEO point of view, it does not mean that the articles have to be rewritten if they haven’t been written in a certain way. However, if you do ask from the beginning for the articles to be written in a special way or if you want a certain topic for them, we will try to do our best to satisfy your demands. So, communication is the key to a fruitful collaboration. The articles are written with a lot of attention and interest even if the client does not specify the manner in which they should be written.