How Did the SEO Audit Become the Most Important Part of an SEO Strategy
1. The SEO Industry Evolved to Place More and More Importance on the SEO Audit!
In the past, all SEO strategies were standardized. The same strategy could be used for many websites, and it produced very similar results for all of them. But search engines updated their algorithms continuously. And nowadays, you need to create a customized strategy for each website if you want to produce the best results. And the only way to do that is through an SEO audit. Only through this method can you gather all the information about a website. So, you can find out the needs of the website, starting with the technical SEO audit, and build a custom strategy that covers all of them.
Together with the rise in the importance, the audit evolved as well. In the past, you would find 3 types of audits. And if you used the services of an agency, then you could either choose one of them or buy all of them. But now, many agencies offer a full audit that includes all of the past ones. So, make sure that the agency that you want to collaborate with provides at least three parts in their audit.
Technical SEO audit!
The first part is the technical SEO audit. This type of SEO audit takes care of three main factors. The first one is the links. The agency must check all the links on your website. And the backlinks outside the site to make sure that all of them work correctly. The more link errors you have, the more visitors and potential clients you will lose. Most of the time, when a visitor gets an error while trying to access one of your pages, he will not become a regular visitor. So, to avoid these situations, the links must be verified at least twice a year.
The second part that the technical SEO audit must verify is the loading speed of your website. The best alternative is to check each page one by one. But most of the time, the loading speed is very similar to all the pages of your website. Keep in mind that people that are using the internet do not have the patience to wait for your website for more than 4-5 seconds. So, you need to find methods that will ensure the loading speed of your website. The most popular tactics for that are a high-quality host and using a tool that allows a gradual loading of your pages.
The last part of this type of audit is device compatibility. In the past, most users were from the PC. So, the importance of mobile device compatibility was very low. But now, over half of the Google Search users are from a mobile device. So, Google and other search engines increased the importance of this factor very much. This means that if your website has a low level of compatibility with mobile devices, then it will be ranked very low for all the mobile searches. Luckily, most website developers and SEO agencies can help you solve this type of problem.
On-site SEO audit!
The on-site part of the audit is responsible for all the content used on your website. Firstly, the keywords must be researched. There are many factors that you need to consider while choosing the main keywords of your website. So, the agency will do the research and propose the keywords that are the most compatible with your website and business. For that, they need to research your industry, company, and competitors.
Also, all the content must be verified for originality, relevancy, and engagement level. This is another essential step. Nowadays, content is the king of SEO, and the quality of the SEO used has an immense impact on the results that any SEO strategy produces. For this reason, you need to ensure that the agency can verify the factors mentioned above and create the content of high quality as well. If there is any content related problem, it needs to be solved as fast as possible. So, you can delete the problem pieces of content. Or you can let the agency rewrite them for you.
Off-site SEO audit!
The last part of the audit takes care of the image of your website on the internet. The focus will be on your industry. And the main factor verified in an off-site SEO audit are links. Basically, search engines search for all the websites where your backlinks can be found. The more websites have your backlinks, the more popular you are, the higher your ranks will be. But the quality of the websites matters as well. The authority of the website means the influence of your website in your industry on the internet. And it can be gauged based on the websites that link to your website.
Nowadays, the best method to take care of off-site SEO is to use content to build backlinks. For example, you can use the guest post strategy to build high-quality backlinks. Also, besides the three main parts of the audit, the reporting is essential. You need to make sure that all the reports sent by the agency are easy to read and that anyone with minimal SEO knowledge can understand them. SEO is a complex field, but the SEO experts of an agency must be able to explain the results in an easy to understand way.
2. What Do You Need a Full SEO Audit for?
As mentioned above, one of the reasons for which you want a full SEO audit is to help your or the agency to create a customized strategy for your company’s website. But there are other essential reasons as well. And you need to take them into consideration as well.
• Problems and errors. Without a proper audit, you will never be able to find all the errors and problems that drag your website’s SEO down. And without solving them, the results that you would get in the future would be mediocre. It does not matter how good the strategy is and how much effort is invested. Why? Because the unsolved problems and errors will continue to prevent your website from rising in ranks.
• SEO knowledge. Another use of the audit is the fact that you will be able to get a lot of useful SEO knowledge from them. If you find a reliable agency that can provide easy to understand reports. And you have some basic SEO knowledge, then you will be able to increase your knowledge base by a lot. And that will be extremely useful in your future collaborations with the agency.
• Agency’s skill. And lastly, it will be easy for you to find out the level of the agency as well as its trustiness. If you visit the website of the agency, you will be able to see what promises it has. And get an estimation of their skill level. So, you can use their audit service and see how truthful some of their claims are. Also, with some basic knowledge, you will know if the agency can build and implement a customized strategy that will bring you exemplary results.
3. How to Find a Reliable Agency Before Making a Final SEO Audit Test!
Most agencies sell the SEO audit as a service. So, you will not be able to test all of them by using it. But there are some methods that you can use to find a reliable SEO agency. And then, you can use the audit as a final test to see if it is worth it to have a long collaboration with the agency. All you need to do is to follow some simple steps.
• Find the agencies. The first step is the easiest one. All you have to do is to use the internet to find the agencies. Although using the search engines is not the surest method to find the best agencies. But you need numbers. The more agencies you find, the better. So, you can use the search engines safely.
• Check their websites. The second step is to check their websites. There many factors that you can check. But the main ones are the quality of the content used and results posted by the agency on their website. Content quality is important because that’s what you will probably get as well if you use their services. While the results posted by the agency will give you a general idea about the agency’s skill level.
• Check the reviews. The last step that you can take before using the technical SEO audit, or the full one, as a test is to look for the reviews. You can find many reviews on the website as well. But you can also find the contact information of the agency’s clients and speak with them directly. This will ensure that you will get first-hand reviews. And this will give you an idea about how happy will you be with the services provided by the agency.
Contact Gamit for a complete SEO quote!
4. About the Author
I am responsible for data analysis of the completed projects to identify the main factors which contribute to the Google ranking improvement process. Together with my brother skills and my detailed analysis, we can assure all our customers that our services are bulletproof and that you will always get the desired results.
5. HOT SEO Topics:
Every online marketing agency should start by introducing a single type of online marketing method. But in time, it must expand together with its growth. And one of the best alternatives that you can use to expand your agency is by introducing white label SEO. There are three main advantages that you can expect to get from using this method. The first advantage is that the cost of white label SEO services is much lower than creating a new department. But you need… Read More.
Nowadays, more and more companies need to make use of the internet to keep their clients and to grow their businesses. But having online success is not an easy task. You will need to use some online marketing methods to start getting leads and customers. And one of the best alternatives from which you can choose is SEO. You can build a new department for your company. Or you can outsource SEO from a specialized agency….Read More.
One of the best methods that you can use to expand your online marketing agency is to find an SEO agency and become an SEO reseller. But to do this, you need to find a partner that provides an SEO reseller program that meets three critical requirements. If your partner is not able to do this, then it would be better to look for another one. And the first requirement that you need to look for is the ability of the SEO agency to make a thorough assessment… Read More.