How Does the Best Type of SEO Audit Look Like?
1. What Type of SEO Audit Can an SEO Agency Provide?
The first thing that you need to know is the importance of an SEO audit. Without it, you will never be able to get the best results from any SEO strategy that you will try. Why? Because one of the goals of an audit is to provide all the information needed to create and implement a personalized strategy. And through this process, you can ensure that your website’s growth rate reaches the maximum level of speed and efficiency. But there is no universal type of website SEO audit that all agencies provide.
SEO is a vast field. And most agencies are focusing only on one part of the field. Most of the time, all the services that they provide, including the audit, will only cover that part while ignoring the rest. SEO can be separated into 3 main parts. And if you focus only on one of them, then you should not expect to get the best results possible. But it is still important for you to know more about these parts. And about the role that the audit has in each of them.
You need to learn at least the core parts of all types of audits. By doing this, you will be able to determine the quality of an SEO audit service offered by an agency. Which, in turn, will help you find out the perfect partner for your company. So, the first thing that you must earn is the difference between an audit focused on a single SEO part and a complete one that covers every SEO need of your website.
A Website SEO Audit Can Cover a Single Part of SEO!
A website SEO audit can be separated into multiple parts. Or, it can be focused on only one of the SEO parts instead of covering everything. So, the first things that you need to know are the types of audits, and what they should cover.
• Technical audit. The technical part of your website will also affect the ranks that your website will get in result pages. So, this type of audit must verify the functionality of your website in different situations. The core parts that must be checked are the links. Every link on your website should be functional and optimized. Secondly, the loading speed of every page on your website must also be checked. If the time needed for your pages to load is too big, then many of your visitors will leave and never come back again. And lastly, due to the rise in the technology level, more and more searches are done through mobile devices. So, your website must have a high degree of compatibility with them.
• On-site audit. This type of SEO audit will focus on the content used on your website. The first thing that must be checked is the quality. High-quality content will ensure that your visitors will start to trust your company, enjoy reading your website’s content, and re-visit your website again and again. But the position of the content is also important. For example, the subscription forms will produce better results if they are placed in specific positions. So, an on-site audit must also cover this part.
• Off-site audit. The last focused types of audits are the off-site ones. As the name implies, their goal is to verify all the components and methods used outside your website to increase the authority of your website in the industry. Some of the most important factors are the number and quality of backlinks. The quality of the host websites for the backlinks. And the reviews left on the internet by your current and past clients.
How Does a Complete SEO Audit Look Like?
Besides the different types of audits that focus on a single SEO part, some agencies provide a complete SEO audit. And these are the ones that you should focus your search on. Why? Because only they can provide you and the agency with all the information required for the best strategy that will produce the most results. So, how does this type of audit should look like?
• Covers the 3 parts. Firstly, it must be able to cover all the parts mentioned in the focused audits segment of this article. But this is only the first part of a complete audit. And the information gathered in this part will only be used to get rid of all the errors and problems that drag down your website’s ranks. And the usefulness of this information in the creation of a personalized strategy is minimal.
• Business and industry analysis. The second part of a complete audit is responsible for gathering the information needed for the creation of the best long-term strategy for your website. The 2 types of information needed are the best practices of the industry and the particularities of your business that can be used to attract and convert more visitors. Keep in mind that every business is different, and you need to find the factors that make it unique and use them to attract more clients.
• Competitors and keywords research. The last part of a complete audit is the competitors and keywords research. As the name implies, the agency will research all the best keywords in the industry. As well as all the competitors that you will have for each keyword. By doing this, the agency can help you decide which keywords are the best ones for your company in the present and which ones should be considered in the future.
2. What Should a Full SEO Audit Report Cover? !
Now that you know what type of SEO audit your company needs, it’s time to find out all the components of the report that you will get. And the first factor that a reliable agency must consider is the readability of the report. Not every business owner has advanced SEO knowledge. So, the reports must be written using simple terms that can be understood by everyone. You do not want a partner that can’t even do this simple task. Why? Because a complex report will force you to find a solution that will help you understand it. Besides this factor, there are 3 parts that the reports must cover.
• Errors and problems. Firstly, all the errors and problems that the website SEO audit detected on your website must be included in the audit. They will represent the situation of your website. And they will provide you with a clear image of the positioning of your site in the industry. These defects can be found in the three SEO parts of your website. As well as in the business and industry analysis. And they should never be ignored
• Explanations. Every step of the audit must be explained. This will provide you with all the information about the work that the agency had done. And a full understanding of the situation of your website. Also, if the agency is reliable, then you will be able to learn a lot of information about SEO through these reports. The solutions must be explained as well. And that will give you an idea about what to expect from a future collaboration with the agency.
• Solutions. This part is not mandatory. This part is not mandatory. But the reliable agencies will also provide you with all the solutions that you need. And you will choose between implementing them yourself or letting the agency do it for you. There are 2 types of solutions that you need to expect. The ones for the errors and problems discovered. And a long-term personalized strategy.
3. How to Find an Agency That Provides a Reliable SEO Audit?
Finding a reliable partner is not easy. But you can use your knowledge about the full SEO audit and follow 3 simple steps to find the perfect SEO agency for your company.
• Use the internet. If you want to find the best alternative for your business, then you need to search for a partner in the place where most agencies can be found on the internet. You can use a search engine and find as many options as you want. The 2 alternatives are to make a list with all the agencies that you found. Or to research them in full one by one while you search for them.
• Check the website. Take the agencies that you have found and check their websites one by one. The first thing that you need to do is to check the audit that it offers. And you can also check the other services and decide if it will be able to cover all the needs of your business. You can even check the quality of the content used and the other parts of the website to get a glimpse at the skill level of the agency.
• Contact clients. The last step is to contact the clients of the agency before you use its website SEO audit service. Communicate with them and find out if the agency is as skilled as it claims. You can also find out if the customer service that it provides is good enough. You want to have a thorough understanding of the agency before you start your collaboration.
Contact Gamit for a complete SEO quote!
4. About the Author
I am responsible for data analysis of the completed projects to identify the main factors which contribute to the Google ranking improvement process. Together with my brother skills and my detailed analysis, we can assure all our customers that our services are bulletproof and that you will always get the desired results.
5. HOT SEO Topics:
The best method to expand an online marketing agency is to introduce white label SEO services. There are indeed some risks associated with this method. But the alternatives have their own risks as well. And if you take the process of finding a reliable agency seriously, then you can easily avoid all the potential risks. The first thing that you need to ensure while you search for a partner is the type of services that… Read More.
There are 2 methods of SEO outsourcing. The first one is to outsource only a part of your website’s SEO. And the second one is to find a reliable agency and use all the important outsource SEO services. Obviously, the second method is a much better alternative than the first one. But you are the one that must decide. And you should make this decision based on the needs of your company. There are 4 types of SEO services… Read More.
In the past, all SEO strategies were standardized. The same strategy could be used for many websites, and it produced very similar results for all of them. But search engines updated their algorithms continuously. And nowadays, you need to create a customized strategy for each website if you want to produce the best results. And the only way to do that is through an SEO audit. Only through this method can you gather …Read More.