How Should an Agency Do the Off-Site SEO Audit of Your Website?
- 1. An SEO Audit Should Find all the Backlinks of Your Website!
- 2. A Proper SEO Audit Should Determine the Quality and the Results Produced by Your Site’s Backlinks!
- 3. You Should Use an SEO Audit That Offers You Solutions to Improve Your Off-Site SEO!
- 4. About the author (Mihai. C. Tudorache)
- 5. HOT SEO Topics
1. An SEO Audit Should Find all the Backlinks of Your Website!
An SEO audit should not be limited to the off-site part of your SEO. Both the technical part and the on-site SEO must be addressed as well. It does not matter if you fix all the off-site problems of your website and make sure that the off-site part is top-notch. Why? Because if your website is not working correctly, and the content on your website is not able to produce good results, then your ranks will not rise despite your thousands of high-quality links. .
You should search for an SEO agency that offers a full SEO site audit and offers you solutions for all the problems found in the auditing process. Luckily, taking care of the technical and on the on-site SEO parts, it’s easier than solving the off-site backlinks problems. Most of the time, you only need one week to get rid of all the errors of your site’s technical and on-site SEO. But you will need to use more effort and time for the off-site part.
But if you want to have a chance to reach the top of Search Engines Result Pages (SERPs), then you must not ignore the off-site part of your SEO. A reliable SEO agency will break the off-site SEO audit process into three processes and take care of them one by one.
• Find all the backlinks. The first step that an SEO agency should focus on, in an off-site audit, is to find all the backlinks of your site. The number of links still matters, and the more proper backlinks your website has, the higher your domain authority will be, and the higher your ranks in SERPs will rise.
• Find the quality of the backlinks. The number is not the only factor that is important in off-site SEO. The quality of the links also matters. The higher the quality of the links, the better search engines will reward and promote your site. So, you should focus more on building high-quality backlinks than focusing only on their number. SEO agencies know this, and they search for the quality of your current backlinks with an SEO site audit.
• Propose improvements. After the agency finds out the state of your off-site SEO, the agency should propose solutions to you. These solutions have the goals to improve your site’ SEO situations and raise your ranks as much and fast as possible. Keep in mind that it is your decision if you want to use these solutions or not, the agency can’t force you to buy their services.
How Do the Agency Find all Your Website’s Backlinks?
No, the agency will not search for your backlinks manually, many tools on the internet can take care of this job. Some of them are free, while others cost money. At this step, the programs used are not very important, because what matters is to find the backlinks. But for the next process, it is essential to determine the quality of your backlinks. Most free sites and programs will not offer you a large amount of information about your backlinks.
While finding the links, 3 factors are essential. All of them need to be taken into consideration because they will determine the framework of your off-site SEO
• The number of backlinks. Obviously, the first and most important factor is the number of links that your website has. Keep in mind that more backlinks do not necessarily mean better ranks or better off-site SEO. The goal of this part of SEO is the determine your credibility and authority in the industry. And the number of backlinks is not enough to determine that.
• The number of domains. This number will represent the number of different websites from where your backlinks come from. You can have 1 million backlinks, but if all of them come from a single site, then their effectiveness will be close to nothing. Why? Because search engines will see that you are not known in the industry. Only one other site knows yours, and the authority of your website will not rise very much. But the number of domains is also not very important. The quality of these domains matters the most.
• The number of backlinks per domain. This is something you should strive for. You should raise the number of host sites while also producing more than 1 backlink per website. You need to keep a proper balance between the two. Based on the results of the SEO site audit, the agency will be able to offer you a personalized plan for building your backlinks in the future. Every website is different, and no one knows beforehand what is the best solution for your website. For this reason, you need to make sure that an audit is done before the implementation of any SEO strategy begins.
2. A Proper SEO Audit Should Determine the Quality and the Results Produced by Your Site’s Backlinks!
The number of backlinks of your website is essential. But the quality of each one of them has the same importance. Actually, the quality of the backlinks is even more important than their number. The results produced by a single backlink can be even more than 10 times more than other lower-quality backlinks. This is not only true in the direct traffic that a link will provide to your website, but also the importance given by search engines. So, how can an SEO audit decide the quality of your site’s backlinks?
To be able to decide the quality of backlinks, an SEO agency needs to find and compare several factors. By doing this, they will be able to find the links with the highest quality the mediocre ones and those with low quality. The agency can next use this information to find and get rid of the backlinks that will draw your website’s ranks downwards. And by having examples, the agency can also help you build more quality links as well.
Quality of the method
The first step of the SEO audit is to decide the quality of the method used. There are many different link building methods that any website can use to build backlinks. But this does not mean that all of them can produce links of the highest quality. Search engines have specific requirements that not any method can accomplish. Nowadays, the best performing methods are those based on the content of high quality. Any other strategy will not be able to produce even half the results of the content-based ones.
For example, the number one method right now is guest posting. In simple terms, this method means that you will write an article, but it will be posted on other websites in your industry. The host site must be in the same industry or at least a related one. Otherwise, the results and the importance of the links will not be as high. The quality of the article is also essential. The better the article, the more effective it will be.
Due to the incentives given by search engines, guest posting had become the mainstream link building method. Most SEO agencies also recommend it because it can produce better results for their clients. And, in turn, they can claim part of the credit for a successful implementation that created astounding results. But the base for these results is made of quality. If your articles are trash, meaning that they have low quality, or they are plagiarized from somewhere else, then you should not expect any good results.
Besides guest posting, you can also find online other link building methods that are based on content, but they are still not as good as the guest posting method yet. Two of them can produce good enough returns for your website, and you can even combine all three methods to diversify your off-site SEO.
• Infographics. Everyone knows what an infographic is, but not everyone likes or knows how to build one. It can take even more time than writing an article, but the advantage is that, unlike guest posting, it can be used to use more links with a single piece of content. As mentioned above, articles must be original, and they should not be on more sites at the same time. But infographics do not have this problem. If you can find 1000 websites in your field that can make use of your infographic, then you can get 1000 backlinks. Even if you can’t accomplish this ideal situation, but you can see the potential of this method.
• Social media. Most social media channels are starved for good content. More accurately, their users are the starved ones. And if you can produce content that can satisfy the users, then the platform will help you share your links all over the platform. An attractive post can get a mind-boggling number of backlinks at the same time. Keep in mind that these are rare situations, and not every post will be a hit. So, if you want a method that sacrifices a little in terms of content quality for a higher number of backlinks, then this method is for you.
Quality of the host websites!
Besides the method used, the quality of the site will also contribute to the amount of direct and indirect results that you will get from a backlink. Search engines use many different factors to decide the domain authority of a website. What’s that? It is a terminology used to quantify the importance of a website in its field. The higher this DA is, the better the site is, and, most of the time, the more visitors it will have. There are many programs on the internet that can be used in an SEO audit to get this information. And if the program costs money, then the information that you will get will be much more advanced.
The importance of the host’s DA depends on the method used as well. For example, for guest posting, the site’s authority is essential, and combined with the quality of the content will decide the results produced by a backlink enormously. On the other hand, methods like infographics and Social media do not place so much importance on the authority of a website. Both of them are focusing more on the number of backlinks created. But this does not mean that the DA has no importance. The higher the average authority of the host websites, the better the results will be.
The authority of a website is decided by many factors. But 3 of them have much higher importance than the rest.
• Expertise. In any field, experts will have a higher power. The same applies to websites. A website that can prove its expertise in the niche will be granted more authority by search engines. These sites will have priority and higher ranks in search results that require their knowledge and experience. So, their number of visitors will always be high, and your guest posts or infographics will also perform much better on these websites.
• Reviews. It does not matter how you name them. Be it testimonials, reviews, or comments, all of them represent the opinion of the site’s visitors and users about it. Search engines also understand the importance of the impression left by a website. If the host website has a positive image, its DA will rise as well. But the opposite is also valid. A bad image or reputation in the field will reduce the authority of a website.
• Backlinks. As mentioned in the first part of the article, the more backlinks you have, and the more diversified the host sites are, the more known you will be in the field. So, your DA will rise as well. The same principle applies to the host websites. But the process can be quite different for sites that are already perceived as experts or authorities in the field. Why? Because they are considered trustworthy, and other websites will link to them as a source of accurate information. As a result, they do not need to build links themselves anymore.
Results produced by the links!
Most of the time, the results produced by a backlink depend on the quality of the content used. But they also need a website with high domain authority. But this is not always true. Speaking about the results produced by a backlink, it represents the number of visitors that were redirected to your website from the host site. The higher the amount and the more revenue these visitors bring to you, the better the results of a link. So, an SEO audit must take this factor into consideration.
If an article has high-quality, then the percentage of readers that visited your website will be higher as well. Search engines understand this. So, they also place high importance on the number of visitors acquired by your website from your backlinks. But there are indeed situations where the host site has a very high DA, and your article is top-notch. But the results fail to come. Why and when this situation can appear?
There are two cases in which the results fail to appear despite the best environment. The first one is when your article has a different point of view about a specific topic presented already on the website. Even if your point of view is not wrong, but the audience may not agree with it, and they will not have the interest to visit your website. The second situation is if you bring a new topic or idea on the host website. Using new things will not always produce good results. The audience may not be interested in new ideas, even if they are in the same field.
So, if you want to ensure that your pieces of content will be able to produce satisfactory results, then you need to ensure that your content will be liked by the host’s audience. If you still want to use a new topic or express a different point of view, then you should discuss your idea with the webmaster of the other site and ask him how will its audience will react. You can try it if he is optimistic. If it has been done in the past and the results were undesirable, then you should not bother.
3. You Should Use an SEO Audit That Offers You Solutions to Improve Your Off-Site SEO!
If you have enough time and you are willing to invest some effort into the task, then you should be able to make the SEO audit of your site. You do not need an agency for this alone. There are only two reasons for which you should the audit services offered by an agency.
Spend money to save time.
The first reason is obviously to save time. Here are also two situations. The first one is to pay someone else to do the task while you make a lot more by doing other tasks. And the second the agency will be able to complete the SEO site audit in half the time or less than it would take you. In both cases, the investment is a good one, and you should not waste your time on this task.
• The value of your time.A complete and proper audit can take you anywhere from 1 day to 1 week. If you have no experience in the field, then you may have to invest a lot of your time to fulfill this task. But if you can make in that period 2 times more money than an agency asks for, then why should you do it yourself? If you do that, then you will lose money. Also, you can’t guarantee the results.
• The growth of your website.Another factor that needs to be taken into consideration is the growth of your website. If you take a week to make the audit, but then the agency can complete the process in only one day, then you will be able to gain 6 days advantage in optimizing your website. Over time, these advantages will accumulate, and you will be able to reach the top much faster and get a much higher return for your investments.
If you combine the two factors, then you may have a surprise. You will find out that it is a total loss to do the SEO audit of your website by yourself. It is much more efficient from both a cost perspective as well as a return one. Besides those, there is another essential reason that you should take into consideration if you want to ensure that you get only the best for your website.
You get personalized solutions.
An agency also has the advantage of being able to offer personalized solutions for all the problems discovered through the SEO site audit of your website. From an off-site perspective, two methods can be used to solve all the low-quality links found and increase the ranks of your website.
• Delete anything that causes negative results. There are indeed some backlinks, that not only produce 0 positive effects for your website, but they also produce negative results. For example, you may have some spam comments with your links of social media, on forums, or on the comment section of other websites. These links can be penalized, and your website dragged down by them. The agency will find them and tell you what must be deleted and what can be kept. Some agencies may even offer their services to eliminate them for you.
• Future optimization and link building.After the negative parts of your off-site optimization are gone, a reliable agency will also include some future solutions and plans for your website. A proper audit will give them a lot of information that can be used in establishing a personalized SEO plan for your business and website. If you do your own SEO audit, then you may be able to find all the problems. But can you solve all of them successfully? Can you make an SEO plan based on the audit? If not, then it is much better to use the services offered by an agency.
Contact Gamit for a complete SEO quote!
4. About the Author
I am responsible for data analysis of the completed projects to identify the main factors which contribute to the Google ranking improvement process. Together with my brother skills and my detailed analysis, we can assure all our customers that our services are bulletproof and that you will always get the desired results.
5. HOT SEO Topics:
When you want to create a successful presence over the web so you can help your business thrive, the first thing you have to do is set your priorities. Every business has different needs, but if you focus on the ones that matter most, you will get much better results out of the experience. Every site owner should focus on a few things before they start working on different ways to improve things. If you want to set a few priorities for your search engine optimization, GAMIT is where you will find a team that will help you achieve every goal you set out for … Read More.
Search engines are one of the first options people turn to when they want to find something. Site owners have two options at hand to reach out to their audience. One of them is to pay for advertisement and the other is to struggle to boost your rank in the organic queries. Which one do you think is best? The internet is the source where you will find anything you are interested in and this is why people will always use it in any research. The most popular tools they have at hand are the search engines. These are the ones that will make it easier to find what you are looking for. You type in a few words for your search and they provide the related results. … Read More.
Every site has its pros and cons when it comes to content and you always want to focus on the best. If you get rid of the poorer content on your website, will it boost your rank? Is it a solution to stick with the top content alone or do the weaker parts of the site play their own role? Every site is made up of a number of pages and each of them was created for a certain purpose. When you thought about the way your web presence would look like, this was the result you focused on from the start. You put quite a bit of effort into each page you create and you did so because you saw a purpose for it once it was published online. … Read More.