Article Updated On 4 January 2022
A top-quality SEO strategy must be personalized based on the needs of a website. So, before an SEO agency starts to propose a strategy to you, they should have already gained that understanding. You will need to make sure that they managed one way or another reach that point of understanding of your company’s needs.
Only then will the agency be able to produce the right strategy that will bring you the right type of results. And in this article, you will find out how an SEO audit can help a reliable agency properly gain this understanding. And you will be able to make use of this information for many different purposes in the future.
1. What Type of SEO Audit will You Need?
The SEO industry has evolved over the years, and the standard strategies that worked in the past are no longer effective. The algorithms of search engines have been continuously updated. So, the requirements for a website to reach the top ranks in search result pages are now much harder to accomplish.
Every company is different, and an SEO strategy must consider the differences. You need a personalized strategy. And an SEO agency must use an SEO audit to find all the information needed for the creation of the perfect strategy. Also, a reliable agency will include it in the SEO audit report.
Basic Types of SEO Audits You Should Know About
4 types of audits can be found on the market nowadays. SEO can be separated into 3 parts. And there is a different audit for each part. While the last type is a combination that covers the first 3 options. And a Google rank checker can be used for several purposes in all of them. The basic types of audits are:
• Technical audit. This part of SEO covers the technical optimizations that your website needs. The user experience and satisfaction of your visitors are the most important factors that search engines will use to decide the ranks of your website. And if there are issues that will decrease the quality of these factors, then the ranks of your website will be dragged down. So, the goal of a technical SEO audit is to find and provide solutions for this type of issue. The 3 most encountered problems are link errors, loading speed, and mobile device compatibility.
Contact Gamit for a complete SEO quote!
• On-site audit. The on-site SEO part of a website includes all the optimizations that the content needs. So, if the quality of your website is low, then it will have negative effects on the results of your SEO efforts. The goal of an on-site audit is to find the content on your website that has a low quality and decide if it must be deleted or replaced. Also, a reliable audit will provide a long-term strategy with the type of content that you should use in the future.
• Off-site audit. Lastly, the off-site audit covers all the backlinks and authority that your website has in the industry. A reputable website will be given better ranks than an unknown one. Why? Because most users will have a much higher trust in a website that they already heard about.
So, in the SEO audit report for the off-site part, you will find the backlinks of your website that have low quality as well as those that have the best quality. You should also be able to see the results that these links produce. Based on this information, the agency must provide custom link building services that will ensure that all the future backlinks of your website will produce the best results possible.
2. How Does a Full Audit Looks Like
A full SEO audit is actually a combination of the first 3 types. And it is recommended that you search and use this type of audit. Why? Because that is the only option that will allow you to understand the SEO state of your website without missing any problems that will impede your SEO efforts in the future. Also, it is impossible to reach the top ranks in SEO if you focus on a single part while ignoring the rest.
Doing that will produce mediocre results, and it may cost your company more than it will get in return. Although focusing on a single SEO part is not a bad idea in itself, you need to also cover the other 3 parts. So, you need an SEO audit that covers all of them. Check: “How to perform an SEO audit in 5 easy steps“. You need to make sure that there are no SEO issues and that you reserve a minimum of resources for the last 2 parts as well.
A full audit will help your company take complete care of all the SEO needs of your website. Most agencies have a favorite SEO part that they focus on. But a reliable agency must also be able to cover all the needs of the 3 SEO parts. So, while you search for a reliable agency, the first thing that you should do is to ensure that the SEO audit that it provides is a complete one. There are several expectations that you should have from it.
3. What Should You Expect from the SEO Audit Report?
Using the audit service of an agency is a very good method that you can use to check the quality of the rest of the services that the agency provides. How so? Well, if the quality of the audit is low, then the rest of the services will most likely be the same. So, you should focus your attention and choose one of the agencies that can provide a high-quality SEO audit. But you need to have some SEO knowledge to see the differences in quality. For that, you need to make sure that the reports provided by the agency for the audit meet at least 3 essential requirements.
Essential Parts of the SEO Audit Report
• Covers all 3 parts of SEO and presents all problems found. The first requirements are for the reports to include detailed information about each issue found. It must cover all 3 parts of SEO and explain all the issues that were found and how they will negatively affect your website.
• Research your company and your competition. Besides helping you solve all the SEO problems. The other goal of an audit is to help the agency create a personalized SEO audit for your website. To be able to accomplish this goal, the audit must do a deep research of your company and its competitors. Only then will it be able to find all the information that it needs for the task.
• Provide solutions for the issues found and a long-term strategy. Keep in mind that every issue that will be found through the audit must be solved. If you ignore them, then they will become burdens that will make it increasingly difficult for your SEO efforts to produce better results. And that will prevent your website from ever reaching the first rank.
So, the audit must provide solutions for each problem that was found. You will be able to solve the issues yourself, or you can let the agency help you. But a reliable audit will also include a personalized SEO strategy for the future of your company.
4. You Can Use an SEO Audit to Personalize Your Website’s SEO Strategy
By now, you may wonder, how will the agency create a personalized SEO strategy with the use of the SEO audit? Well, the audit can be used to acquire all the information that the agency needs to tasks care of this task. There are 2 main categories of information that will help in making the 2 most important decisions.
• Choose the competition. The first type of information will help the agency decide which company you should compete against and which ones you should avoid. Keep in mind that on the internet, you will compete for the ranks of different keywords. And if your company’s SEO is still weak, then you should avoid competing with the top companies in the industry. So, you should not focus your SEO keywords on the keywords used by those companies. And all of this can be accomplished through deep research of your company and its competitors.
• Decide the best methods. Many methods can be used in SEO. And if needed, an SEO agency must also be able to create a customized one that will produce the best results possible. But to do that the agency must know as much information as possible about your company. Through the SEO audit, the company can find out all the elements that make your company unique and decide which methods they should use to maximize the effects of these elements.
5. You Can Let an Agency Do the Task with the Help of an SEO Audit Report
After you get the SEO audit report, you will have 2 choices in front of you. And only you can decide which one to pick. The first choice is to use the personalized strategy provided by the agency and take care of the SEO of your company by yourself following the plan that you acquired.
The second method is to use the services of the agency and let it take care of everything. Each method has its advantages and disadvantages. And it depends only on you and your company to find out which method will be the most beneficial. For example, if your SEO skill is top-notch, then you can implement the strategy yourself.
Most of the time, it is recommended to let the agency fully take care of your website’s SEO. If you are not an SEO expert, then there is no point in trying to implement a complex SEO strategy by yourself. Doing that will most likely produce mediocre results that will only be considered a waste of time. But a reliable agency can make use of its abilities to produce the best results possible while making use of the personalized SEO strategy.
In Conclusion, the Importance of an SEO Audit Should Never Be Neglected
It does not matter if you plan to do the SEO of your website yourself or you decide to let an online marketing agency take care of it. In both cases, you should be convinced that an audit is the best option that should be used to start the project. And now, you can also understand the usefulness of an audit.
And you can ensure that it will be used to create the SEO strategy that will bring the best possible results for your business. But you should continue to learn as much as you can about SEO, even if you will collaborate with an agency. Keep in mind that the more you know, the more prepared you will be for any possible situation.
Contact Gamit for a complete SEO quote!
About the Author
I am responsible for data analysis of the completed projects to identify the main factors which contribute to the Google ranking improvement process. Together with my brother skills and my detailed analysis, we can assure all our customers that our services are bulletproof and that you will always get the desired results.
HOT SEO Topics:
Becoming an SEO reseller is one of the most popular methods nowadays. There are serval advantages to using this method that no other method has. Of course, there are also disadvantages. But all of them depend on your ability to find a reliable partner. If you find an unreliable SEO agency, then you will encounter a lot of problems, and this project will probably fail. But if you make a good choice, then your success will not only be guaranteed but it will… Read More.
There are 2 reasons for which you may want to introduce white label SEO services. The first one is to expand your online marketing agency, and the second one is to become a white label SEO reseller. If you want to expand, then you have many alternatives that you can use. But the white label method will produce the best results and have the highest chances to succeed. If you want to start a new company that sells SEO services, then you can…Read More.
Finding an SEO agency is a critical task for your website. The future results of your business depend on the choice that you are going to make. For this reason, you need to ensure that the agency is reliable, it has high skill-level staff and its services are compatible with your website. But checking all these requirements is not easy, especially when you have almost no idea about SEO. Luckily, there is a method that anyone can use to determine… Read More.