Search engine optimization, or SEO for short, is a vast and complex online marketing method that can help any business. It does not matter if you have an online business or not. With SEO, companies can use the internet to find and attract potential clients and leads. So, as long as you have a business, you should be interested in global or local search engine optimization services. Remember that you will never find better long-term online marketing options than global or local SEO services.
In this article, you will find a lot of information about local and global SEO services. But the focus will be on local SEO. You will know every service, including SEO site audit, that you will need to grow your company. And you should be able to find the perfect SEO company to work with using the knowledge you will learn here.
- What Are Global and Local SEO Services?
- Common Factors of Global and Local SEO Services
- The Differences Between Global and Local SEO Services
- Why Do You Need a Marketing Agency that Provides Local SEO Services?
- Types of Local Search Engine Optimization Services You May Need
- How to Find the Best Local Search Engine Optimization Services for Your Business
- The Importance of an SEO Site Audit for Any SEO Projects
- What Should You Know About an SEO Site Audit?
- You Should Look for Agencies that Provide a First SEO Site Audit for Free
- How to Choose the Right Professional SEO Agency to Work with
First, you may want to know what global and local SEO services are? Because SEO is such a vast industry, it covers both businesses that offer local services or products and those that target the global market. The strategies and methods used for these two types have many differences. And you should know these differences before you even start looking for local search engine optimization services.
What do you need to know about these two types of services to have the capability to understand their differences? You first need to know the characteristics of these types of SEO, and only then can you understand the common factors and the differences between local and global SEO services.
Remember that the information you will find in this article is limited. It is in your best interest to learn more about SEO, starting from the SEO site audit. But you can gain a better grasp of the basics after you start a collaboration with a reliable SEO agency using the information in this article. If you do not have sufficient time to learn SEO, then you might consider outsourcing to a professional SEO agency! For now, you can start by trying to understand the characteristics mentioned below.
General SEO Characteristics
Let’s start with the first things first. It is essential to understand how exactly SEO works. Although you know that it is an online marketing method, you still need to grasp the structure it uses to attract new clients for your business. So, what are these basics?
- Goals of SEO. As the name of this online marketing method implies, you must optimize your website based on the needs and requirements of search engines. And that will make Google and other engines give you higher ranks on the result pages. The better your website’s ranks are, the more traffic you will get from search engines. To understand better the main goals that you should focus on, you can read this article: 3 Different Types of Online Marketing Goals.
- Parts of SEO. We mentioned above that SEO is a vast and complicated method. And that’s why it was separated into global and local. But that is not enough. You can and should also split SEO into three parts based on the types of optimizations required. And these generally accepted three parts are technical, on-site, and off-site SEO.
- Optimize for users. Even though the goal of SEO is to satisfy Google and other engines, these platforms aim to please their users. So, if your website is optimized to help search engines accomplish that, you will have a much easier time reaching the top ranks. There is no reason to focus on the factors used by the algorithms that determine the ranks, especially when most of them are not even revealed.
- Personalization is essential. The last thing you should know about SEO is the importance of personalization. Although all marketing methods have elements that need to be adapted to the business, they can’t compare to SEO. A top SEO strategy will always have every step of the way personalized for the needs and requirements of your business.
Global SEO Characteristics
Now that you have the minimal knowledge you need about SEO, it is time to learn the main characteristics of both global and local SEO. And starting with global, or international SEO, there are several things that you must fully understand. And you can also find more details in this international SEO start guide from the Search Engine Journal.
- Target market. The first thing you want and need to know is the target market. As the name implies, this type of SEO will focus on the global market of a specific industry. And all the methods used must target the global market. The good and bad news is the massive size of these markets.
- Keywords. When you or anyone else uses Google or other search engines, they use specific keywords or key phrases to find websites that have the information, services, or products related to these keywords. In the case of global SEO, you will need English-only keywords related to your business’s niche and has as many monthly searches as possible.
- Competition. Most companies with little or no idea about local search engine optimization services will go directly for the top keywords they can find. But that is not a good idea. The more potential a keyword has, the higher the competition for that keyword is. So, the agency you will work with must understand the importance of choosing keywords based on your capability to compete for these keywords.
- Quality-quality ratio. One of the main things you should know about global SEO is the importance of having a good balance of quantity and quality. It does not matter how good the SEO methods you use are if the number of optimizations is too low. And the opposite is also true. It does not matter how much you optimize if the quality is too low.
Local SEO Characteristics
To properly grasp local and global SEO, you also need to know the characteristics of local SEO. And below, you will find the same factors mentioned above and see the differences. Pay attention and grasp everything before you start learning the following parts.
- Target market. Most businesses around the world are only invested in the local market. In many cases, that means the city of their companies. But it can also represent their country. The difference between the global and local markets is evident in both cases. And even search engines differentiate them.
- Keywords. The goal of the keywords is the same for global and local SEO. But the difference is that local keywords and key phrases will almost always include the target market, meaning the city or the country of the services offered. They will decide the market in which your business will compete.
- Competition. Compared with global SEO, the competition for local SEO is much smaller. But the market itself is smaller. So, it is pretty hard to say if a smaller competition offers many advantages compared with the global strategy. But if your business is limited in its ability to provide its services or products to a specific region, there is no better alternative than local SEO.
- Quality-quantity ratio. The fact that the competition is smaller will also affect the balance between the quality and quantity of the service you use. The requirements for quality remain the same. But you won’t need so many SEO efforts to reach the top compared to global SEO.
Now that you have a basic idea about local and global SEO, it will be easier for you to understand the common ground. So, you can easily find out if the global or local SEO services you will be using in the future are the best solutions for your business.
- Technical SEO. It does not matter what market or even the industry you target. The technical SEO will be the same for every website. These services are meant to ensure the functionality of your website. If there are technical problems, then the satisfaction of your visitors will drop, and Google does not want that. So, the ranks in SERP will be negatively or positively influenced by your website’s efficiency and functionality.
- Content quality. In SEO, content is by far the most influential factor. The quality of the content will massively influence the ranks your website will get and the conversion rates of the visitors into leads and customers. And this is true for both global and local strategies. So, you should check the best way to use content marketing for your digital online business.
- Long-term results. One thing that makes SEO unique compared with other online marketing methods is its long-term effect. There is no other marketing option that can produce better results in the long term than SEO. And again, this is true for both local and global SEO.
At last, you are ready to know and understand the differences between global and local SEO services. After this part, you will know for sure if your business needs global services or if you should look for an agency that provides local services. So, what exactly are the differences?
- SEO methods. The main difference between local and global SEO services is the methods used. Even though there are many methods that a reliable SEO company can use for both types, there are also some methods that it can use only in one of them. For example, Google Maps done properly is best used for local SEO.
- Personalization. Your SEO partner must personalize the strategies and services you can use for global and local SEO. But when you need local search engine optimization services, the level is much higher. You can use the visiting locations and other particular things you can only find in the area of your business.
- Language. For global SEO, you can only use English for your website. In most cases, there is almost no reason to use another language. On the other hand, for local SEO, you must use the language most set by your potential clients. So, you need an agency that will be able to optimize your website in the language used in your country.
Contact our team and request a free website SEO audit report. You will also get our SEO proposal with the best plan on how to increase your website’s traffic and sales.
You have only two options if you want to use local SEO for marketing your online business. The first one is to take care of the SEO needs of your business internally. And the second option is to use the local SEO services of a reliable online marketing company.
But if you compare these two methods, you will realize that your best option is working with an SEO agency. You won’t need any investments, you can start implementing SEO in a brief period, and the results your business will get are much better.
Of course, there are a few requirements that you will need to meet to ensure that your business gets the best services. First, you need to know the best services that will fit your business’s needs. And secondly, you need an agency that can provide all of them.
The best way forward is to learn the main types of local search engine optimization services available on the market. There are many different services, but you can separate them into a few categories.
- Analysis. To ensure that an agency provides top-quality services, you need to ensure that the SEO site audit and other analysis methods it uses can gather all the information it needs to create and personalize the best SEO strategy for your business. It is important to always start an SEO collaboration with an audit.
- Technical. Remember that search engines will always penalize a website with functionality problems. So, your SEO partner must regularly check the technical part of your website and solve any issues that may appear.
- On-site. This category of services covers all the content used on your site. And this is where the most critical personalization takes place. The quality of the content must be the best, your SEO partner must integrate the chosen keywords, and it should constantly upload new content to your website.
- Off-site. In this category, you will find all the services used to increase the reputation and authority of your website. In most SEO cases, the best way is to make use of content to ensure that every website backlink has top-quality.
Now that you have an idea about the requirements and options that you will have, you need to find the best local search engine optimization services for your business. And yet again, you have two main options that you can use to find them.
The first alternative is to learn how to implement an SEO site audit yourself. And if you have enough SEO knowledge, you can use the audit to find the best options for your business. The second option is to find a reliable SEO agency that can do the audit.
As you can see, in both cases, the main factors determining the best local SEO services for your website will be the information gathered from the audit. And you should never even consider choosing any service without having a good reason beforehand.
“Nice experience with Gamit”
You may wonder why the SEO site audit is crucial in choosing the right SEO services for your business. And the answer is quite simple. This type of SEO analysis method will reveal a lot of information about your company, including its SEO needs.
So, any reliable agency must use this method to find out not only the needs of your business but also the right keywords, the best SEO services, and the direction of the SEO strategy. And in the long term, your SEO partner can also use this method to adapt the strategy and the services based on your business’s results and new needs.
Remember that you could also use this method yourself. But you will need to learn a lot of information about SEO to be able to implement it. And you should also understand that you may not be able to gather the same quantity or quality of data compared with a professional SEO company.
Even if you decide to use the local search engine optimization services of professionals to take care of every part of your website’s SEO needs, you should still understand some basics about a full SEO site audit because this knowledge will allow you to check the quality of the audit. And you will have a basic idea about your business’s SEO needs in the future.
There are several goals that a full audit must accomplish:
- Industry information. An SEO expert needs to gain an understanding of the industry of his clients.
- Business information. You can help your SEP partner better understand your business yourself.
- The relevant keywords. Choosing keywords with high potential and an appropriate competition level is essential.
- Technical short- and long-term optimization. A top agency will solve the current technical errors and plan the long-term technical optimization of your site.
- On-site SEO services. All the content used on your site must be optimized or replaced, including the keywords used in the content.
- Off-site optimization. Checking the quality of your online reputation, authority, and links will reveal the best SEO services an agency should use.
Most agencies that you will be able to find on the market are capable of providing some type of SEO audit. But you need to ensure that you choose an agency able and willing to implement a full SEO site audit from the beginning. If possible, the audit should be accessible and used by your potential SEO part as a sales tool.
A top agency will always provide an audit to incentivize you to use its services. By doing this, the agency can showcase its abilities. And you can also can a deeper understanding of the level of the SEO company.
Of course, this alone is not enough to choose an SEO agency to work with. The decision is too important to be made only based on a single factor. But you should not worry. You can also find a good guide in this article to find the best possible SEO partner for your business.
You first need to find all the SEO agencies that can provide local search engine optimization services in your business cover area. Remember that choosing the right market to fight in will always bring you the most benefits.
The best way to find all the available compatible SEO companies is to use a search engine. Next, you can use the following factors to determine if an agency is worth working with or not:
- Reputation. You should only work with agencies that use white hat SEO methods. Never risk the long-term success of your business with black or gray hat SEO. You may get fast results in the short term, but the long-term punishment is not worth it.
- Past results. Top agencies will always post case studies. And you can create some expectations from an agency based on these results. But you should place a lot more importance on the case studies that are not longer than six months.
- Skill levels. The content used on the agency’s website should give you a good idea about the capabilities of an agency. But you can also use the audit to reveal the skills of their team.
- Fitting prices. The range of SEO services’ prices is huge, and, in many cases, the main factor will be the size and potential of your company. And you should look for an agency that provides services of top quality and fitting prices for your business.
Get Free Website SEO Analysis
Get in touch with us to receive a complete audit of your website. We will also send you a professional bespoke search engine optimization plan to reach the first page in Google searches!
I am the co-founder and managing director of Gamit. My technical background in routing protocols (with a PhD in engineering obtained at the University of Leeds – UK) helps me really understand the SEO strategies which are needed to obtain and maintain a website on the first page of Google for its main keywords.
My main role in the company is to research, analyze and test innovative ways on how to help websites get top Google ranks using only white hat SEO techniques. My extensive technical understanding background helps me to achieve this goal. I also discuss projects objectives with our customers and give advice on how to implement the latest SEO techniques.
I consider myself being funny, charismatic and smart. However, my friends see me being only serious and smart … maybe the Doctor title that I have is to blame. I love to travel, playing sports and drinking coffee.